Summer is officially here! If your family is like mine, you’ll soon be in search of a way to cool off. Check out these tips for beating the summer heat in Louisville.10. Revisit your favorite cold or rainy day places. From bowling to museums, there are plenty of cool indoor venues to explore. Here are some of our favorites
9. Prefer air conditioning? Here is an awesome list of indoor fun.........and you can enjoy the A/C and get out of the sun.
8. Check out a new restaurant. Louisville is known for great food. Here’s a list of places that offer kids eat free deals that are family friendly.
7. Get crafty! Louisville boasts multiple indoor DIY art opportunities. Put a couple of these on your to-do list
6. Visit a local spray-ground or splash park. Here are a list of area options.
5. Go see a movie. This is usually a pricey option for families, but during the summer, there are several theaters and other venues showing movies for free or cheap. See our latest summer movie discount list for details
4. Grab some froyo! Kid’s love self-serve frozen yogurt shops with their vast array of flavors and toppings. Orange Leaf is our favorite because they don't charge by weight - pile it on! Or maybe try something new at Steel City Pops.
3. Prefer a traditional cone? Check out some of Louisville’s best ice cream shops. Here are a few we have reviewed. Please verify locations before visiting:
Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen
The Barrel of Fun Ice Cream
The Comfy Cow
The Widow’s Walk Ice Creamery - great view!
Valley Dairy Freeze
2. Visit a local water park or pool.
All About Kids: (We have a lot of info about AAK on our site)
Atlantis Water Park
John W. Black Aquatic Center
Mary T. Meagher
YMCA Greater Louisville
1. Try indoor ice skating - you will definitely beat the heat.....and even need gloves: Available locations.
Whatever you do, take some pictures and enjoy making awesome memories with your family! Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter. We chat and share a whole bunch!
By guest contributor: