The Indianapolis Children's Museum is an easy drive up I-65, approximately 2 hours from Louisville. Here are some of the perks and features that make it worth the trip:
1. Free parking! The museum has a parking garage and surface parking that is free! Parking has never been a problem for us when visiting the museum.
2. They offer free admission days several times a year.
3. There is a wonderful theater, Lilly Theater, that offers family-friendly shows for free with museum admission. The tickets are given on a first come, first serve basis on the lower level starting at 10am.
4. Kids love the carousel that is located on the 4th level! Rides are only $1 each (free for members) and can be purchased next to the carousel.
5. We love all the amenities that the museum offers. There's a food court located inside so you don't have to leave the museum to refuel. They have family restrooms and a private area for nursing mothers. They offer coat check for $1 (no one wants to wear or carry our winter coats around all day). They even have a concierge who can help plan your visit and give more info about the city!
6. They have new exhibits throughout the year! They recently had a Doc McStuffins exhibit, and now have a new Circus Staring You exhibit (through November 26, 2017). They're hands on, engaging, and fun. It's nice to have different exhibits to make your return visits even more exciting. The Willy Wonka chocolate slide has made a few appearances and we got to experience on our most recent visit. That was so much fun!
I could list so many more things we love about the museum. It's just a fantastic place to spend the day with your family. And, it's not too far from Louisville!
By Guest Contributor: Kimberly