Spring Festivals in Louisville
Spring Festivals are a great way to celebrate what wonderful people and places we have in the Louisville area.
Spring is here and soon, it’ll be festival time. Here is our annual list of great festival options around Kentuckiana. We’ve even thrown in some day trip festivals for super special events.
If you are hoping to get outside a lot this spring, there are so many festivals around town and they many of them are free. It’s common to have food trucks, kids areas for fun and crafts, live music and more.
Earth Day Festival at Louisville Zoo
Party for the Planet – multiple events throughout the month. Some discount admission days!
Third weekend of April, annually, Festival of the Dogwood in City of Audubon Park
A two-week long festival culminating in the Kentucky Derby:
Kentucky Derby Festival Events & Thunder Over Louisville
5 KDF Events not to miss! With details about Fest-A-Ville with is back for 2022.
Fest-a-Ville Concert highlights:
ZYN Derby Eve Jam on Friday, May 6, country singer-songwriter Parker McCollum and Blanco Brown.
Rob Base and DJ Quinnette. Tuesday, May 3 at 8 p.m.
- Alex Miller with special guest Scott T. Smith: Thursday, April 28, 8 p.m.
- The Homies (the Louisville group is part of the music collective, Private Garden, co-founded by Jack Harlow) with co-headliner Kyle Hume: Friday, April 29, 8 p.m. Media Sponsor is 99.7 DJX.
- Kentucky Derby Festival GospelFest Presented by Passport Health Plan by Molina Healthcare and Republic Bank: April 30, 7 p.m. This Gospel Choir Showcase features performances by national acts, including Jason Clayborn, Randy Weston, Nate Bean and more and has moved to Fest-a-Ville this year.
- J.D. Shelburne: Saturday, April 30, 8 p.m.
- Joslyn & The Sweet Compression with Casey Powell: Sunday, May 1, 7 p.m.
- Tony & The Tan Lines with special guest Jameron: Wednesday, May 4, 8 p.m.
- The Crashers with special guest Hawks: Thursday, May 5, 8 p.m.
Ongoing throughout spring, WFPK Waterfront Wednesday
Songkran Festival hosted by Daisuki Sushi at Logan Street Market on April 15th. Songkran is the Thai New Year’s national holiday, also called the water festival. Be prepared to get wet! We will have water guns, water balloons, and more. 2:00-7:00pm
Spring Street Festival, April 16, 2-11pm, at The Alcove, 246 Spring Street.
April 16, TreeFest: An Arbor Day Celebration, Joe Creason Park, 11:00am-4:00pm
Cherokee Triangle Art Fair April 30th-May 1st
Sunday, May 1: Holi Mela-The Spring Festival of Colors, 12:00-5:00pm
Friday & Saturday May 13th & 14th , Mt. Washington Spring Festival
Saturday May 14, 9am-3pm, Beechmont Festival of Flowers
May 14-15, 10:00am-4:30pm, Locust Grove Gardeners Fair
May 15: Israeli Street Fair, Trager Center JCC, 12:00-4:00pm
Old Louisville SpringFest, Free, May 21st, 10:00am-7:00pm.
May 21st, 12:00-7:00pm Forest Fest @ Jefferson Memorial Forest, Free
May 21st, Colors of Corydon, Main Street Corydon
May 21st, Bernheim’s BloomFest, 10:00am-4:00pm
May 21-22, 11am-5pm, Norton Commons Art Festival
Kentucky Reggae Festival – To be determined for 2022
Monday, May 30-Memorial Day 8am – 12pm, Mayor’s Healthy Hometown – Subway Fresh Fit Hike, Bike, & Paddle
Looking for more spring fun? Click here for our spring fun page!
Please be sure to call or double check links with these festival coordinators. They are subject to change at any time. If you know of more events, please email them to us firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add them!